Following the guidelines below will ensure longevity of your Phantom screens.
- Screens should be retracted into protective storage housing when not in use to preserve and extend the life of the mesh.
- When retracting the screen into the housing, ensure the mesh rolls evenly. Retracting the product with creases in the screen can cause wrinkles.
- Ensure tracks are kept free of dirt and debris which may cause the screen to perform poorly. Cleaning the tracks and lubricating them with Phantom’s grease-less silicone spray (monthly) can maintain smooth operation.
- Mesh fabric, housing tracks, and slide bar can be cleaned with water and a soft brush, but not with a pressure washer. A mild detergent like dish soap can be used, but do not use harsh chemicals. After cleaning the mesh, allow it to dry before retracting it into the housing.
- It is normal for the mesh to “sail” in certain windy conditions. This may cause the mesh to pull out of the track, however, when the wind subsides the mesh will return against the track. Simply open and close the screen to return the mesh to the track.
- Insect screens are intended to provide reasonable insect control and are not intended to provide the retention and / or security of objects, animals or persons inside or outside your dwelling.
- Motorized screens should be watched during operation. Objects left under a motorized unit can prevent the unit from lowering. If this happens, lift the slide bar up manually, remove the obstacle, and lower the slide bar. If it does not extend to a level position, use the remote control to lower the mesh until the slide bar is level.
- Interruption of power can affect motorized unit operation. Ensure that power is still getting to the unit by checking circuit breakers and ground faults for resetting. Remotes (in wall and handheld) have a limited battery life. Replace battery if the remote light does not come on when the buttons are depressed.
- Motorized units should not be operated in winds in excess of 25 mph. Wind load may affect the ability of the unit to extend or retract. The screens should never be used solely for the purpose of a wind break.